Saturday 30 July 2011

It's Been a Week

So, it's been a week since I last updated this blog, I suppose you should take me not updating for a while as a good sign as this means I haven't had any huge relapses. The thing is that there's nothing new with me this week. I suppose I've achieved a goal or two but everything pretty much remains the same!

I emailed my lecturer to explain why what happened actually happened. He didn't email be back! Usually I would go off on one and have obsessive thoughts about him hating me and going off with other women (who are in fact just colleagues) but none of this happened this time. So, I suppose I can say that I achieved the goal that I set for myself last week. Taking a mindful approach seems to be working. I'm finally beginning to accept the fact that he's just a guy, nothing special. I can move on and stop having obsessive thoughts about him (I hope!). Obviously I will still have relapses with this and it's early days yet but at least I'm getting there.

As far as my OCD as a whole is concerned I still have far to go. I suppose that my compulsive internet use should be the next thing that I sort out. This is perhaps my most prominent behaviour though, so all I can say is that it's going to be difficult and there will certainly be relapses. I don't even know where to start with this. Exposure may be a good start, I tend to check my emails and social networks a lot on my Smartphone just for comfort when I'm out. Therefore I should try going out either without my phone, or not allowing myself to check my phone every minute or so. Another approach is just accepting my obsessive thoughts about losing friends / feeling lonely when I have no access to the internet. I think in this case the exposure method followed by the thought acceptance would be most useful but I'll give this a trial to see how it all goes. 

I'll write again soon to let you know how I'm getting on and which approach that I'm actually taking.

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment