Saturday 9 July 2011

It's time that I actually start posting here ...

For a few weeks now I've thought that it would be a good idea to start a blog about my OCD, however I kept putting the idea off. Last night I created this Google account so I feel that I should start posting here today! It's kind of hard to get started with writing such a blog, I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'm going to get from it. I suppose this account is pretty anonymous so there's nothing to fear. 

Ok, less of the ranting on! I should get on with my story. So, I'm a 22 year old female who has recently been diagnosed with OCD after pretty much having a life-time of problems relating to the disorder. I'm also a student, I'm starting my postgraduate studies in September. This blog is going to be my thinking space as regards to my OCD and I'm hoping that people who are going through similar experiences will make note of this or get in touch, if not then no problems, this is just a way for me to share my thoughts without being identified. 

I suppose I should dedicate this first post to tell you what the characteristic of my OCD are, no person with OCD behaves exactly the same, but then again no people actually behave the same. My obsessions and compulsions have changed over time but there are some behaviours that have stuck with me throughout my life. The main theme of my OCD is obsessional slowness, for those of you who don't know what obsessional slowness consists of, it's the desire to take a long time to get ready to do anything, also things have to be done in a specific order. I can't go out until I feel a sense of completion which makes me feel comfortable, to reach this sense of completion it takes hours and if I have to go out before I feel ready (i.e. to get somewhere on time) I feel a lot of distress and it ruins my entire day. I also have an obsession with my hair not feeling clean and get urges to wash it even when people say it's clean. Other behaviours within my OCD include: obsessions with certain foods, sitting in the same seat and only eating with knives, forks and spoons that match each other. Most importantly I am technology dependent and sometime just sit there refreshing the page on my favourite social networking websites. I also suffer with hypochondria and morbid jealousy. It might also be worth knowing that I think with my heart rather than my head. 

Sorry to cut this blog a bit short but I feel a bit tired at the moment. I hope this entry gives a good overview of my problems. I am currently trying to overcome my OCD and this blog should keep you up-to-date with my progress in doing so. I'll also write about my problems in more detail.

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment